Highlighting the immense potential in India, STEVEN W BERGLUND, President and CEO, Trimble Navigation Ltd, shares his plans for the market.
Founded in 1978, California-based Trimble Navigations, approaches technology as a way of enhancing the productivity of field and mobile workers in the business and government sectors. Its growth scenario for the Indian market focuses on the core business, which includes geo-spatial, construction, agriculture, transportation and logistics, asset tracking, telecommunications, mapping utilities and mobile resource management. For Trimble, India has a strong long term growth potential, with agriculture being one such sector where services needs more exploration.
Trimble will explore business opportunity in the following sectors with an aim to be market leaders.
Electricity: Innovative technologies that have been designed to improve efficiency, increase productivity and to enable an informed decision-making process.
Construction: Providing unique solutions to contractors for optimising construction cost. Transportation and
Logistics: Solutions to empower industries of any size to optimise management of their vehicles and drivers or mobile technicians with customised configured applications and hardware.
Railways: Integrated railway solutions to enhance the productivity, improve coordinate reliability and optimise the alignment.
Innovation The recently launched Trimble waterwell monitor solution is apt for collection of groundwater level data to support environmental managers and consultants, landfill owners or operators and site operators. USP Engagement with the market place and learning from it is our USP. It is our fundamental belief to have strong relationship with the customer and this is our core strength.Many competitors focus on the initial stages like designing of the structure, which carries only 5 per cent of the total construction cost; the remaining 95 per cent, the actual production cost, is where we lead. We are optimistic that Trimble buildings´ offerings of end-to-end solution for the construction industry in India will be appreciated and accepted.Business plan Trimble has offices located in seven cities in India, with focus on learning, understanding and delivering a perfect solution. Tekla, which is part of the Trimble Group, has shown consistent growth. Around 10 per cent of our global workforce is present in India. The Indian development resources are being used to fuel global growth, and thus R&D centres are integrated with the world wide operations. We have had great success in utilising the development resources in India as the foundation for our worldwide product development. With the Indian market poised to grow phenomenally, we hope Trimble is four or five times larger by 2020, in the country.
With the ´Make in India´ initiative by the new government, ´Digital India´ cannot be considered as an isolated concept. There is a need to be careful about building walls around such a concept as many innovations are constantly taking place globally. Therefore, ´Digital India´ should take the best concepts from around the world and put an Indian spin on it. So that ´Make in India´ also receives advantage of the best concepts that are available worldwide. It is not always possible to come up with a comprehensive solution when it comes to digital, keeping an open and adaptable attitude is a must.
(Communication by the management of the company)