The first unit (250 x 4 MW) of Bihar´s coal-based thermal plant at Nabinagar is likely to start power generation by November this year. The JV project has been developed by Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company (BRBCL) with NTPC having 74 per cent equity and the ministry of railways the remaining 26 per cent. As per the greement, 75 per cent of the power generated by the project will be supplied to Bihar and 7.5 per cent will be kept unallocated at the disposal of the Centre. The remaining power will be allocated to other states of the eastern region.
Tel: 011-2436 0100.