US$ 970 mn PE inflows in retail hit five-year high in 2019
Deal Amount approx ($ million)
Virtuous Retail South Asia
Alpha G: Corp
Amritsar and Ahmedabad
- Delhi-NCR received the maximum retail-focused PE inflows between 2015-2019 – more than US$ 750 million.
- MMR was second with US$ 410 million funnelled into retail over the last five years
- Pune saw PE inflows of nearly USD 150 million in retail segment.
- Bengaluru retail saw total PE investments of US$ 275 million since 2015.
- Hyderabad and Chennai together attracted close to US$ 230 million during the same period.
- Chandigarh was a major funding target for US-based Blackstone which invested US$ 340 million in a single large deal in 2017.
- Ahmedabad also drew the attention of PE investors and saw its retail sector draw nearly US$ 220 million in the last five years.