Highbar Technocrat unveiled its new offering in the form of optimised IoT (Internet of Things) solution for construction asset management (CAM).
Since the construction industry involves the usage of a wide variety of equipment, ranging from colossal engineering vehicles to portable drills and other building equipment, keeping a track of asset utilisation and performance across construction sites comes as a daunting task for most industry players.
The solution addresses key business challenges of the construction industry concerning asset tracking management including-:
- Inflated reporting of working hours and distance (Km)
- Lack of real-time movement tracking
- Absence of historical data related to movement
- Fuel pilferages
- Unknown driving behaviour
- No knowledge of equipment movement outside the construction site premises
- Workplace safety
Highbar’s IoT solution features real-time tracking of construction equipment including fuel consumption, end-to-end historical data and much more, for improved utilisation and health tracking of expensive equipment.
‘’The avant-garde, robust IoT solution has been tailored, considering real case scenarios in the construction industry when it comes to evaluating the health and implementation status of equipment to make pre-emptive course corrections. The solution enables the construction and infrastructure industry to not only save significantly on their operational expenditures but also leverage a competitive advantage with enhanced productivity, workforce safety and business agility,’’ said Ashok Wani – Head Innovation and Technology, Highbar Technocrat.
The key features of Highbar Technocrat’s IoT solution include-:
- Real-time location and other performance parameter tracking
- Geofencing- defining specific vehicle travel zone
- Replay vehicle location history
- Trip management and reports
- Centralised cloud storage
- Alerts and notifications for over speeding and violating geo-fencing.
- Mobile APP access
- SD card for offline data storage
- Power backup provision
- Optional Wifi and Bluetooth connection
- Empower the operations team with time-series data to establish standards, norms and benchmarks
Location-based remote monitoring systems also enable construction players to manage asset movement in real-time and reassign them to nearby sites, lowering transportation costs and enhancing the efficiency of revenue-generating assets. Ensuring a geofence around a group of compressors and other expensive equipment prone to theft also creates an automated recovery mechanism to retrieve stolen assets or when equipment is sent to the wrong locations.