As reported, Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri laid the foundation for 10 developmental projects worth Rs 2.92 billion in Dwarka, giving an impetus to civic and sports infrastructure in the city.
The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) will take charge of executing the projects that include – a cycle track, a golf course, foot over-bridges, a sports complex and an Utsav Pandal.
With a couple of months to the Delhi Assembly polls, the projects will receive all necessary funds to ensure timely completion, with the process of regularisation of unauthorised colonies and land-pooling already underway.
- Sector 8 Dwarka will ground a sports complex, worth Rs 6.6 billion, which will reportedly be a Centre of Excellence for wrestling, boxing, judo and kabaddi.
- A second sports complex will come up at Sector 23, it will be a Centre of Excellence for football and will cost around Rs 3.9 billion. Both the complexes are estimated to be completed in two years.
- At a cost of Rs 90 million, a cycle track set to be completed by April 2020, will be developed in Sector 11.
- Providing considerable reductions in traffic congestion and improvement of traffic speed, the foot over-bridges will be built at a cost of Rs 1.2 billion by approximately August 2020.
- In a bid to set up a facility for social events and community gatherings for the locals, the DDA will also construct an Utsav Pandal, worth Rs 60 million.
The increase in infrastructure comes in tune to the considerable increase in population and citizens’ needs.