Deregistration okayed for two projects in state by MahaRERA
Real Estate

Deregistration okayed for two projects in state by MahaRERA

According to officials, the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA) has approved the deregistration of two projects in the state out of a total of 60 applications received for the same. The authority issued an order in February allowing developers to deregister their projects under specific conditions. The procedure has been permitted because many developers are unable to begin and complete building construction.

Deregistration of real estate projects with no allottees (homebuyers) is now permitted under MahaRERA. If there are homebuyers, deregistration will be considered only if the developer resolves the homeowners' rights and claims, according to the ruling issued on February 10 of this year.

According to the authorities, while two developers have been allowed to deregister under the conditions outlined above, the remaining 58 petitions are being reviewed. "We are carefully reviewing all applications." "We have only allowed the deregistration of two projects so far," stated a MahaRERA official.

Homebuyers added that if projects are deregistered, it should be noted on the MahaRERA website, and a notice should be posted at the building site. "The authority should ensure that the developers explain the reasons for not proceeding with the project on their website and they should also indicate the same at the construction sites," said advocate Godfrey Pimenta, trustee of the Watchdog Foundation.

According to officials, the Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA) has approved the deregistration of two projects in the state out of a total of 60 applications received for the same. The authority issued an order in February allowing developers to deregister their projects under specific conditions. The procedure has been permitted because many developers are unable to begin and complete building construction. Deregistration of real estate projects with no allottees (homebuyers) is now permitted under MahaRERA. If there are homebuyers, deregistration will be considered only if the developer resolves the homeowners' rights and claims, according to the ruling issued on February 10 of this year. According to the authorities, while two developers have been allowed to deregister under the conditions outlined above, the remaining 58 petitions are being reviewed. We are carefully reviewing all applications. We have only allowed the deregistration of two projects so far, stated a MahaRERA official. Homebuyers added that if projects are deregistered, it should be noted on the MahaRERA website, and a notice should be posted at the building site. The authority should ensure that the developers explain the reasons for not proceeding with the project on their website and they should also indicate the same at the construction sites, said advocate Godfrey Pimenta, trustee of the Watchdog Foundation.

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Next Story
Products

Koemmerling opens Navi Mumbai experience centre

Koemmerling, a brand of the profine Group, has expanded its presence in the Mumbai metropolitan region with the opening of a new experience centre in Navi Mumbai and launched its Allure S46 minimal sliding door system for the Indian market.Located in CBD Belapur, the facility was inaugurated by Peter Mrosik, Owner and CEO, profine Group, along with Farid Khan, Chairman and Managing Director, profine India, and Kamal Bajaj, CEO, profine India.The company said the new centre will showcase its portfolio of uPVC and aluminium window and door systems to architects, developers and homeowners.The ina..

Next Story
Products

India's waterproofing market nears Rs 150 bn milestone

India's waterproofing industry is approaching a market size of Rs 150 billion and is expected to surpass the $2 billion milestone, according to speakers at the 2nd India International Waterproofers Conference & Expo 2026 organised by the Waterproofers Association of India (WAI) in New Delhi.The two-day event brought together more than 20 speakers, 55 international delegates and 53 exhibition booths, with discussions focusing on climate-resilient construction, advanced waterproofing technologies and international collaboration.Inaugurating the event, Durga Shanker Mishra, former Secretary, ..

Next Story
Real Estate

Dilip Buildcon Q1 FY27 Revenue at Rs 23.78 billion

Dilip Buildcon Limited reported consolidated revenue from operations of Rs 2,378 crore in Q1 FY27, along with EBITDA of Rs 429 crore and profit after tax of Rs 128 crore.Consolidated EBITDA margin stood at 18.1%, improving from 17.1% in Q4 FY26. On a standalone basis, revenue from operations was Rs 1,930 crore, EBITDA stood at Rs 199 crore and PAT was Rs 39 crore, with an EBITDA margin of 10.3%.The company’s order book stood at Rs 27,691 crore as of 30 June 2026, compared with Rs 28,830 crore as of 31 March 2026. Roads and highways accounted for 17.1% of the order book, irrigation and water ..

Advertisement

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get daily newsletters around different themes from Construction world.

STAY CONNECTED

Advertisement