Also, over the years, the construction industry has not leveraged technology to an extent where it could function smoothly, especially when compared with its counterparts such as manufacturing and retail. Accomplishing consistent coordination and communication over the project life-cycle was viewed as a serious challenge. And, only a true disruptive innovation and a technology paragon could fix this.
Nadhi Information Technologies was born out of the understanding that construction projects involve intra and inter-organisation collaboration and coordination among several stakeholders through the design, procure, and the construct phases. As co-founders, Kalyan Vaidyanathan and Ravi Mundoli come from a civil engineering background. They brought together their passion for “brick and mortar” with “click and order” and created nPulseTM – a cutting-edge full-fledged enterprise solution for integrated project planning and controls that is capable of transforming project planning and execution to a whole new level.
Today, Nadhi develops and delivers nPulse™, an integrated project controls solution that allows mobile data collection, integrated project information analysis and real-time decision support for over 250 capital projects in 19 countries. “The nPulse™ platform enables the owner/developer, consultants, and contractors involved in a project to collaborate on the go,” says Kalyan Vaidyanathan, Co-Founder and CEO, Nadhi Information Technologies. He adds, “The idea is to grant visibility of site conditions without actually visiting the site (especially by senior management) and to reduce and automate most of the manual planning and forecasting tasks performed by planners and project managers.”
Ravi Mundoli, Co-founder and CTO, Nadhi Information Technologies, shares, “As it is a mobile-first SaaS based platform, data is collected through mobiles from site engineers and supervisors present at the site and further analysed.” He adds, “Project heads can then use these data driven analytics in critical decision-making, well before an issue mushrooms into a crisis.”
This product is widely used in residential and commercial real estate, roads, railways, power plant, solar, bridges, marine facilities, and power transmission. It is more than a collaboration hub, and as Vaidyanathan and Mundoli share, its features include:
• Automating key processes and workflows to reduce the manual burden on project staff and KPIs are delivered to decision-makers real time.
• Data collection at the “last mile” on-sites is easier via mobile apps and QR code.
• Bi-directional integration with ERP and scheduling systems so that more value can be extracted from investment in those technologies, further increasing the digital footprint of the organisation.
• Physical and financial progress can be tracked synchronously and early warnings can be provided on potential deviation from budget and schedule baselines.
• Generating lead indicators on project and reducing the domino effects of time and cost overruns.
• Seamless collaboration across different areas of the project such as schedule management, cost/revenue management, document management, issue management, quality control, snag list management, checklists and claims processes.
• Integrating with BIM enables the site progress data and analytics to “flow” into the BIM model at the click of a button for visualisation in near real time.
Nadhi Information Technologies
• Year of establishment: First production release – about five years back.
• Growth graph: Develop a diversified portfolio of around 250 projects.
• Reach: Daily use by over 2,000 users in 19 countries around South Asia, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Africa
• Application: Highways, railways, bridges, oil and gas, power, solar, power transmission and distribution, and commercial and residential real estate.
• Clientele: RMZ, Lodha Builders, Kalpataru Developers, Tata Realty, Godrej Construction, Morgan Advanced Materials, L&T, Afcons and Shapoorji Pallonji.