DDA invites bids for slum rehab, commercial dev
Real Estate

DDA invites bids for slum rehab, commercial dev

Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has invited a request for proposal (RFP) to select private partners to undertake on-site slum rehabilitation of JJ Cluster at Dilshad Garden through public-private partnership (PPP) on a design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis.

The project is spread over an area of 6.236 hectares, and the expected project cost is Rs 468.10 crore. The eligible slum dwellers will be rehabilitated in 60% of the land area, and the project will be financed by commercial exploitation of the remaining 40% of land by the developer.

The approximate number of slum households to be rehabilitated in this project is 3,367.

During the development phase, the dwellers will be provided rent support at Rs 6,000 per month to enable them to relocate temporarily.

The RFP applications are likely to be received by April 19, and the rehabilitation project is to be completed in three years from the effective date.

DDA is the State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA) for implementing in-situ slum rehabilitation under vertical-1 of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) in respect of JJ cluster falling on land belonging to DDA and the central government.

There are around 490 such JJ clusters on DDA and central government lands. DDA is taking up 376 JJ Clusters to identify viable JJ Clusters for in-situ slum rehabilitation on PPP basis as per PMAY guidelines vertical one as other agencies like railways, defence have not given consent.

As we have reported earlier, as many as 7,500 economically weaker section (EWS) houses for three JJ Clusters at Jailorwala Bagh, Kalkaji Extension, and Kathputli Colony, Shadipur are under construction and are likely to be completed by December 2021.

Sixteen projects consisting of 30 JJ Clusters having about 34,000 households are under formulation. DPR of six projects comprising 10 JJ clusters having about 9,600 households have been prepared and are likely to be tendered shortly.

The detailed project reports (DPRs) of the remaining 10 projects comprising 20 JJ Clusters covering about 24,000 households are under preparation.

Image Source


Also read: DDA policy for development in peripheral villages

Related Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86575 81178