INH Mauritius to sell 49% stake in JMFCS to JM Financial for Rs 30 bn
ECONOMY & POLICY

INH Mauritius to sell 49% stake in JMFCS to JM Financial for Rs 30 bn

Former Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandit is set to exit the real estate financing business established by veteran dealmaker Nimesh Kampani. INH Mauritius, an investment fund managed by Pandit, will sell its 49% stake in JM Financial Credit Solutions (JMFCS) to Kampani's JM Financial in a deal valued at approximately Rs 30 billion.

Following the sale, Pandit will step down as chairman of the mid-tier NBFC. The transaction will increase JM Financial's stake in JMFCS from 47% to 96%, with the remaining 4% held by Moraine Master Fund and Aparna Aiyar, wife of Pandit's business partner Hariharan Aiyar. Hariharan will also step down from the JMFCS board following the shareholding change.

JM Financial, which has faced regulatory restrictions from managing debt issues and offering loans against shares due to governance lapses, will acquire 43% from INH Mauritius for Rs 12.82 billion in the first phase of the transaction. This deal will be financed through JM Financial's internal accruals, which amount to over Rs 40 billion.

Sources indicate that INH is exiting JMFCS as the fund's lifespan is coming to an end. INH Mauritius initially invested in JMFCS in fiscal 2015 and subsequently acquired more shares in 2017 and 2018, investing a total of Rs 9.5 billion. This marked Pandit's first investment in India's financial services sector. He also holds a 1.2% stake in the listed JM Financial.

The Rs 30 billion deal valuation is lower than JMFCS's net worth of Rs 42 billion, attributed to under-recoveries in real estate financing not yet reflected in the books, stemming from stress on developers.

Additionally, JMFCS will acquire a 72% stake in an asset reconstruction company from JM Financial for Rs 8.56 billion, increasing its stake in JMFARC from 10% to 82%.

(Source: ET& TNN)

Former Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandit is set to exit the real estate financing business established by veteran dealmaker Nimesh Kampani. INH Mauritius, an investment fund managed by Pandit, will sell its 49% stake in JM Financial Credit Solutions (JMFCS) to Kampani's JM Financial in a deal valued at approximately Rs 30 billion. Following the sale, Pandit will step down as chairman of the mid-tier NBFC. The transaction will increase JM Financial's stake in JMFCS from 47% to 96%, with the remaining 4% held by Moraine Master Fund and Aparna Aiyar, wife of Pandit's business partner Hariharan Aiyar. Hariharan will also step down from the JMFCS board following the shareholding change. JM Financial, which has faced regulatory restrictions from managing debt issues and offering loans against shares due to governance lapses, will acquire 43% from INH Mauritius for Rs 12.82 billion in the first phase of the transaction. This deal will be financed through JM Financial's internal accruals, which amount to over Rs 40 billion. Sources indicate that INH is exiting JMFCS as the fund's lifespan is coming to an end. INH Mauritius initially invested in JMFCS in fiscal 2015 and subsequently acquired more shares in 2017 and 2018, investing a total of Rs 9.5 billion. This marked Pandit's first investment in India's financial services sector. He also holds a 1.2% stake in the listed JM Financial. The Rs 30 billion deal valuation is lower than JMFCS's net worth of Rs 42 billion, attributed to under-recoveries in real estate financing not yet reflected in the books, stemming from stress on developers. Additionally, JMFCS will acquire a 72% stake in an asset reconstruction company from JM Financial for Rs 8.56 billion, increasing its stake in JMFARC from 10% to 82%. (Source: ET& TNN)

Next Story
Infrastructure Urban

Gurugram to Launch Real-Time Waste Collection App in August

The Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) plans to introduce an app in August that will provide residents with real-time information about waste collection services. Developed by a private firm, the app will allow residents to track the live location of waste collection vehicles, receive updates on expected arrival times, and monitor the vehicles' proximity to their homes. A research team from a private university in Gurugram has been tasked with identifying features to enhance the app's efficiency and transparency in waste management. Their findings, expected within 15 days, will be reviewe..

Next Story
Infrastructure Transport

South India's First Double-Decker Flyover Opens for Trial Run

South India's first double-decker rail-cum-road flyover was partially opened for a trial run officials announced. Deputy Chief Minister and Bengaluru Development Minister D. K. Shivakumar conducted a 'trial walk' on the newly built flyover, which extends from Ragigudda to Central Silk Board and forms part of the Yellow Line of the Bengaluru Metro. Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy and other officials also participated in the event. Constructed by the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) at a cost of Rs 4.49 billion, the flyover is currently open for vehicular movement on only one ..

Next Story
Infrastructure Transport

GMDA to Reconstruct Key Gurugram Road and Build Flyover

The Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) announced plans to reconstruct a major master sector dividing road from the Dwarka Expressway junction with Sector 86 Road to IMT Manesar at a cost of ?600 million. This road, currently in severe disrepair, will pass through Sectors 84/88, 85/89, 86/90, and 87/92. Additionally, GMDA will build a ?590 million flyover at Dadi Sati Chowk in Sector 86. "The road will be reconstructed similar to Rampura Road, and the tender for this has been floated," stated Arun Dhankhar, GMDA's chief engineer. Special repairs for major roads across Gurugram a..

Hi There!

"Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Join the CW WhatsApp channel for the latest news, industry events, expert insights, and project updates from the construction and infrastructure industry.

Click the link below to join"

+91 81086 03000