Goa govt notifies EV Concessional Charging Infra Policy 2021
ROADS & HIGHWAYS

Goa govt notifies EV Concessional Charging Infra Policy 2021

The Government of Goa has announced the Goa Electric Vehicle (EV) Concessional Charging Infrastructure Policy 2021, creating a way for EV charging stations across the state.

According to the policy, the charging stations' operators would be allowed additional sources to generate revenue, but prior approval is required.

Based on a 50:50 ground, the Goa Energy Development Agency (GEDA) would be sharing the revenue generated.

Of the GEDA charges, 20% would be shared with the land-owning agency, and the remaining 80% would go to the Goa Decarbonisation Fund.

If at a specific location there are multiple applicants, GEDA would award that location to the applicant, providing a maximum fixed monthly contribution to the fund during the allotment period.

The energy development agency would set up a single application procedure within 30 days from the publication date of the policy for applying.

Till then, GEDA would process the physical application, including all the necessary documents for action.

The policy reported that Goa is one of the fastest-growing states in India. The state's economy is mainly dependent on tourism, with an overall population of 15 lakh and receiving nearly 75 lakh tourists every year.

The state has a high vehicle density, and the increased load impacts the environment due to CO2 emission. Thus, an efficient and affordable Concessional Public EV Charging infrastructure is required.

A senior officer told the media that the adoption of EVs for everyday commute is necessary for many goals, including better air quality, reduced noise pollution, improved energy security and lower carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas emissions.

Image Source

Also read: NDMC plans to have 52 e-charging stations operating by march end

The Government of Goa has announced the Goa Electric Vehicle (EV) Concessional Charging Infrastructure Policy 2021, creating a way for EV charging stations across the state. According to the policy, the charging stations' operators would be allowed additional sources to generate revenue, but prior approval is required. Based on a 50:50 ground, the Goa Energy Development Agency (GEDA) would be sharing the revenue generated. Of the GEDA charges, 20% would be shared with the land-owning agency, and the remaining 80% would go to the Goa Decarbonisation Fund. If at a specific location there are multiple applicants, GEDA would award that location to the applicant, providing a maximum fixed monthly contribution to the fund during the allotment period. The energy development agency would set up a single application procedure within 30 days from the publication date of the policy for applying. Till then, GEDA would process the physical application, including all the necessary documents for action. The policy reported that Goa is one of the fastest-growing states in India. The state's economy is mainly dependent on tourism, with an overall population of 15 lakh and receiving nearly 75 lakh tourists every year. The state has a high vehicle density, and the increased load impacts the environment due to CO2 emission. Thus, an efficient and affordable Concessional Public EV Charging infrastructure is required. A senior officer told the media that the adoption of EVs for everyday commute is necessary for many goals, including better air quality, reduced noise pollution, improved energy security and lower carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas emissions. Image Source Also read: NDMC plans to have 52 e-charging stations operating by march end

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86574 75330

Join us Telegram

Reach out to us

Call us at +91 8108603000 or

Schedule a Call Back