23 Jul 2020
thyssenkrupp Elevator (India) to power India’s largest convention and exhibition complex with 53 elevators, 39 escalators and 4 moving walks.
- The IICC (India International Convention & Expo Centre) is a smart city project driven by the Government of India. With a total area of 303,000 sq m, IICC is India’s largest convention and exhibition complex.
- At an estimated cost of Rs 257.03 billion, the project is being developed at Dwarka, New Delhi.
- It is envisioned to be on a scale of a Central Business District (CBD) with Exhibition space, Convention area and Multipurpose arena.
thyssenkrupp Elevator (India) has been chosen by IICC and the developer Larsen & Toubro to equip this Exhibition-Cum-Convention Centre with its high-end, efficient and elegant 53 elevators, 39 escalators and four moving walks.
The IICC (India International Convention & Expo Centre) is a smart city project driven by the Government of India. The project is being developed at Dwarka, New Delhi. At an estimated cost of Rs 257.03 billion, the project is envisioned to be on a scale of a Central Business District (CBD) with exhibition space, convention area, multipurpose arena, along with a supporting development of retail, commercial and office spaces, hospitality, and entertainment and lifestyle opportunities for end-users.
It is a flagship project of Government of India with a vision to create a state-of-the-art, world-class exhibition and convention facility, which will be on par with the best in the industry worldwide, in size and quality. The project is expected to be completed by mid next year.
“We are glad to be chosen as there liable mobility solutions provider for this prestigious project. Our persistent efforts to work out best options for the optimal design with high-end features and finishes such as titanium sand surface golden finish in the cabin as well as the doors; snti-scratch SST brush finish for the escalator decking and cladding, etc, acted as one of the biggest contributor to our winning this illustrious project, said Manish Mehan, CEO, thyssenkrupp Elevator (India).
“Furthermore, Tugela and Orinoco, our heavy duty and versatile escalator and moving walk, were chosen for their exceptional quality as a result of our best-in-class engineering, attractive and unique design features, advanced production systems, proven energy-efficiency and safety features,” Mehan added. “Not to mention, our experienced and efficient project management team provided technical support to the client right from the planning stage, which helped us earn the client’s trust.”
- India International Convention & Expo Centre
- smart city
- smart city project
- Government of India
- Central Business District
- thyssenkrupp Elevator
- Exhibition-Cum-Convention Centre
- smart city project
- thyssenkrupp Elevator (India)
- Manish Mehan
- prestigious project