Customisation is one of our top selling points
- Kenji Kawamoto, Managing Director, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries-VST Diesel Engines
Stall No: L216, Hall 1 Upper Level
A JV between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Japan and VST Tillers Tractors established in July 2007, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries-VST Diesel Engines (MVDE) manufactures Mitsubishi diesel engines in Mysuru and caters to the markets across the globe. The company is eying to make its mark in the compact equipment industry. Kenji Kawamoto, Managing Director, MVDE, shares more…
- Market outlook: There is a visible downtrend in every segment compared to the last fiscal. This year will end up in a downtrend, but the long-term forecasts are still positive. This is a good sign because there is a huge scope of work still left in the infrastructure sector and India is a growing country. So, I expect the industry to get busy again from the start of next fiscal.
- Demand drivers for the company’s offerings: Our eyes are on mini excavators, a niche segment. It is now a fast growing segment as the country needs such machines in large numbers to handle confined spaces. We are confident to make our mark in India in this segment when OEMs start looking for manufacturing here.
- Business opportunities at Excon: We have been participating at Excon since 2013. Our customers are OEMs and the business channel is B2B. This means that most of the participants in the show are our prospective customers too. Key decision-makers of the equipment industry visit this place together to understand what is new.
- Key products at the expo: We are going to display a complete line-up of our latest models and a newly developed power-pack engine, which can be readily fitted in to the equipment and generators. Also on display will be a few modern machines, which are recently powered by our engines. Meeting the advanced norms of the world is always top priority for us, as our engines produced in India are not only sold here, but also exported across the globe including the US and Europe. The products we display are compliant up to EU Stage V, the toughest norm in the industry now.
- Meeting buyer requirement: Customisation is one of our top selling points. We must get into the root of the equipment before jumping to the products. It is our policy and we make no compromise here because it always helps in offering the best and meaningful options to customers to select.