19 Oct 2020
Cement Grinding Unit inaugurated by Chief Minister of Odisha
Odisha, rich with its precious mines, minerals and ideal geographic location, has always been a state with high industrial potential, and one of the key markets for the Ramco Cements. The company has been marketing around a million tons of cement each year in the state. So far the cement was being moved from the manufacturing facilities in Andhra Pradesh. As the state is developing very fast, Ramco Cements decided to set up its grinding unit in Odisha three years back and in November 2017 the Honorable Chief Minister of Odisha Mr Naveen Patnaik was kind enough to be the Chief Guest for the ground breaking ceremony. On 8th October 2020 the honorable Chief Minister has inaugurated the plant operations. This new Cement Grinding Unit of The Ramco Cements, with its world class machinery and modern technologies, is on the path of setting a new trend in the industrial sector, with innovative ideas for a cutting edge production facility, and ushering in a new age in Odisha.
- The cement grinding unit is a venture of Rs 7.10 billion bringing direct employment to 105 and indirect employment to 800 to 1000 people, to the bustling town of Haridaspur in Jajpur district of Odisha. Imported machinery from Germany and use of superior technology, have truly made this unit world class. This ensures that the cement that is produced here is of the best quality and consistency.
- The choice of machinery has been made with an intent to produce very less noise, showing the company’s commitment to the factory’s environs.
- The Plant is equipped with modern machinery that consumes less power while ensuring maximum efficiency. The plant is designed to be totally dust free. All the bag filters in the plant are designed to ensure an emission level of less than 30 mg per cubic meter of vent gases.
- The mill is equipped with energy efficient motors and automatic packing machines capable of continuous operation and dispatch.
- The plant operates fully through automatic control.
- Zero breakdown and maximum safety have been assured at the plant. The plant will have a green belt developed in more than 30 acres of land around the plant periphery. The company is committed to reducing the carbon footprint and creating a pollution-free environment.