Government of Odisha launches Make in Odisha 2020
Odisha Chief Minister, Shri Naveen Patnaik has announced the countdown to ‘Make in Odisha 2020’ and launched the eighth phase of ground-breaking industrial projects as Odisha continues with its unprecedented industrial development.
Naveen Patnaik also showcased the new website of Odisha Film Development Corporation (OFDC) followed by the unveiling of the countdown to the third Make in Odisha Conclave in 2020, the state’s flagship biennial global investors' meet.
During the last edition of Make in Odisha, the state received an overall investment intent of Rs 4,195.74 billion across 15 sectors and saw the participation of more than 5,000 industry captains, with delegates from across the country and abroad, and experienced a footfall of up to 31,000 delegates.
Patnaik said, “Odisha has a vision of becoming one of the top three investment destinations in the country and towards achieving this, we have devised the ‘5T’ strategy, in which, transformation goals identified will be achieved through teamwork, transparency and technology enablers in a time-bound manner. One year from today we will host the Make in Odisha Conclave 2020 and I invite all stakeholders to join hands to make it the greatest investment summit ever organised by any state in the country.”
Captain Dibya Shankar Mishra, Minister of Energy, Industries, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of Odisha, said: "The response has been overwhelming since the last Make in Odisha conclave, which has not just helped in propelling the industrial development further but has also provided a platform for the stakeholders to engage with the state government, to deliberate on the next phase of overall socio-economic growth of the state. Next year, we will aim to attract even more investment.”
The five companies that are being inaugurated today include:
- Omjay EV: Bharat motors is setting up its electric vehicle assembly plant at Jajpur. This is a first-of-its-kind e-vehicle project in the state with the latest technology. The unit is set up with an investment of 52.41 with an employment potential of 122 persons.
- OCL India, one of the oldest companies of Odisha, is coming up with an additional investment of Rs 19.94 billion at Rajgangpur providing employment to 365 persons.
- Shree Cement, a reputed cement manufacturing company, is setting up a 3 mtpa cement grinding unit with an investment of Rs 4.52 billion and will provide employment opportunity to 243 persons.
- Pro-minerals, now part of Essel Mining, is expanding its activity from mining to pellet production and cutting down the mining pollution load, with an investment of Rs 2.83 billion at Basantpur, Keonjhar and will provide employment opportunity to 192 persons.
- Suraj Products: is diversifying its business from sponge iron to steel making. The plant at Rajgangpur has been set up with an investment of Rs 502.5 million and will provide employment opportunity to 196 persons.
Besides the above, the event today witnessed a ground-breaking ceremony of 22 industrial units across various sectors with investments of over Rs 61 billion at the hands of the Hon’ble Chief Minister.
“I am confident that with our single window system, Go-Swift and the revamped policy ecosystem with our investment opportunities showcased, the state will emerge as the most preferred investment destinations in the country,” added Patnaik.
The Make in Odisha Conclave promises to further the vision of the state to broad base the industrial growth with investment proposals in several sectors including chemical and fertilisers, petrochemical, food processing, healthcare, tourism, renewable energy and electronics.
Photo Caption: Captain Shri Dibya Shankar Mishra, Minister of Energy, Industries, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of Odisha along with Honourable Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik at the 'Make in Odisha Conclave 2020'.
- Government of Odisha
- Odisha 2020
- Invest Odisha
- Naveen Patnaik
- Chief Minister
- Make in Odisha 2020
- industrial projects
- industrial development
- Odisha Film Development Corporation
- Dibya Shankar Mishra
- Minister of Energy
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- socio-economic growth
- Omjay EV
- Bharat motors
- OCL India
- Shree Cement
- Suraj Products
- Make in Odisha Conclave