Indore has 29 projects in the DPR stage and 29 in the tendering stage
The vision of Indore Smart City is to promote mixed-land use in ABD, provide house and inclusiveness, create walkable localities, and preserve and develop open spaces. With 29 projects in the DPR stage (including PPP projects), 29 projects (including PPP) are in the tendering stage. Seventy-six projects worth Rs 15.18 billion are in progress while 41 projects worth Rs 1.05 billion have already been completed, says Rohan Saxena, CEO, Indore Smart City. He shares:
- Under the smart street lighting works (under Phase-II of Indore’s smart city mission), the city will be installing 16,000 energy-efficient LED street lights with smart controls in the pan-city area. Another project includes decorative façade lighting on various heritage monuments and other important squares, junctions and bridges in the ABD and its peripheral area.
- As part of the ABD, the city is planning for underground cabling works with compact type sub-stations for the Bada Ganpati to Krishnapura Chatri (MG Road) and nearby major roads, and the Jincy Bus Depot to Rambagh Bridge (Subhash Marg) and nearby major roads.
- Besides, redevelopment projects are coming up under the ABD component in the areas of Jinsi, Old SP Office and Urdu School, Sanskrit College – Subhash Marg, Kabutar Khana, MOG-E (Khayali Ram Ved), Deaf and Dumb School Site, Samajwad Nagar, Balda Colony, Malharganj – Near Police Station and Hospital, CP Shekhar Nagar, MOG Barracks, Kukkut Palan Kendra, Baxi Bag – Sadar Bazar Road, Near Indore Wire – VIP Road.
- Another project includes the development of multilevel car parking in different locations in the ABD, such as Primary School no.6 Bakshi Gali, Malharganj (Site 1 and Site 2), Veer Savarkar Market, (142 two-wheelers and 48 four-wheelers), MT cloth market (Site 1), Government School – Bhoi Mohalla, Imli Bazar, Government Unnat School near Mukheripura Masjid (Site-3), Jawahar Marg – Rajmohalla (plot 2), Khajrana Ganesh Mandir.
- Also, a flyover will be coming up at Mhow Naka Square, and widening of the existing river bridge (Subhash marg Bridge and Krishnapura bridge) is another project. Other projects include the development of sector parks, improvement in other existing parks and water huts at 100 locations.
Total budgeted amount: The total amount budgeted for Indore Smart City is Rs 26.20 billion, of which, Rs 1.17 billion has been spent so far.
- SERAPHINA D’SOUZA