Top 10 police stations of India for 2020 announced
ECONOMY & POLICY

Top 10 police stations of India for 2020 announced

Every year, the best-performing police stations across the country are selected by the Government of India. This is primarily done to incentivise an effective functioning of police stations and instil healthy competitive spirit among them.

The top 10 police stations in the country for 2020:

RANK 

POLICE STATION

STATE

DISTRICT

1

NongpokSekmai

Manipur

Thoubal 

2

AWPS- Suramangalam

Tamil Nadu 

Salem City 

3

Kharsang 

Arunachal Pradesh 

Changlang 

4

Jhilmili (Bhaiya Thana)

Chhattisgarh 

Surajpur

5

Sanguem 

Goa 

South Goa 

6

Kalighat 

Andaman & Nicobar Islands 

North and Middle Andaman 

7

Pakyong 

Sikkim 

East District 

8

Kanth 

Uttar Pradesh 

Moradabad 

9

Khanvel 

Dadra and Nagar Haveli 

Dadra and Nagar Haveli 

10

Jammikunta Town PS

Telangana 

Karimnagar 


The list is as per the directions received from the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, during a conference in 2015 in Kutch, Gujarat.

The survey for the year was conducted by the Ministry of Home Affairs under extremely challenging circumstances as it was challenging to access police stations situated in remote areas. The aim was to rank the best ten police stations from an exhaustive list of 16,671 police stations in the entire country. This was done through observation, feedback from public and data analysis. Additionally, several parameters were taken into consideration while shortlisting the best police stations in terms of performance. They are as follows:

  • Crime against women
  • Property Offence
  • Unidentified dead bodies, missing persons or unidentified found person
  • Crimes against weaker sections of the society
The third parameter has been introduced this year by the government. Initially, from each state, the number of police stations selected constituted of the following:

  • One from every Union Territory
  • Two from all the other states on the country as well as Delhi
  • Three from each state in the country with over 750 police stations

As part of the next stage for the ranking process, a total of 75 police stations were selected. For the final stage, around 19 parameters were selected to evaluate the shortlisted entries. These parameters were used to understand service delivery and listing techniques to improve policing. This constituted 80% in the overall scoring process. The remaining 20% was evaluated on the infrastructure of the police station, feedback from the citizens and how approachable the personnel are. Even during the pandemic, all States of the Union were a part of the survey conducted this year with 100% cooperation.

Source of Image

Source: Press Information Bureau, Government of India

Related Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86575 81178