Ramco cements announces new Covid guidelines
With the onset of the second wave of Covid-19, Ramco cements announced Covid guidelines which are being implemented at their Alathiyur and Ariyalur plant.
In order to prevent the spread of the second wave of Covid-19, the following measures have been taken with effect from 12 April 2021.
1. For any medical issues or emergency, the employees are advised to meet the OHC (Occupational Health Centre) Team.
2. All employees and their family members, school teachers, thermax employees and other contract employees who are above 45 years and staying in the colony are advised to take the vaccination compulsorily.
3. The employees and their family members, school teachers, thermax employees (parents and children) who are coming from other states compulsorily need to take Covid-19 test in coordination with the OHC team or as per the advice of the doctor.
4. If the employee / family members attend public gatherings like marriage, death rituals and other functions, they will be quarantined for three days. If they attend death rituals in addition to quarantine, they have to go for the Corona swab test.
5. The employees need to be quarantined for three days whenever the guests of employees visit from outside.
6. The employees need E-pass to enter, with effect from 12 April 2021 and for going out of the colony. The employees are advised to return to the colony on or before 9 pm when they go out for any emergency work.
7. Company bus is operated once a day between 7:00 am and 8:30 pm, to and fro nearest railway station / bus stand.
8. If the employee/family members leave the colony for more than three days, then they will be quarantined for three days on their return and it will be on their account.
9. Public gathering in the central park or children’s park, cricket ground and in front of the stores are strictly prohibited for one month with effect from 12 April 2021.
1. Covid committees for factory management, lorry yard and labour shed, township, township essential supply, quarantine and emergency management and Apex management committees have been reinstated to take care and ensure adherence of guidelines for all the stakeholders at Ariyalur.
2. Hand wash facilities at entry gates, both plant and township, have been increased.
3. Apart from hand wash arrangements, the body temperature of all the employees, contact workmen, visitors and anyone entering the premises is continuously monitored.
4. Wearing masks inside the plant premises and Colony is made mandatory. Face masks are kept at the gate to distribute to those stakeholders who do not have one.
5. Services engineers and suppliers are permitted to the plant only after due verification of their Covid-19 status.
6. General visitors and public are allowed in the factory premises with restrictions.
7. Disinfection at the work spots has been re-initiated at regular intervals.
8. Apart from the above, external stakeholders like truck drivers, contract workmen and others are taken care of by way of educating them regarding the second wave of Covid-19 and giving guidelines to be followed such as social distancing, using hand wash and disinfection of trucks every time they bring trucks inside the plant.
9. Employees and dependents are advised not to go out of the premises for reasons other than for emergencies. In case of any occasion like marriage or funeral they need to obtain prior approval from management and they are being followed by the occupational team after their return.
10. Isolation blocks have been created for isolating the Covid-19 affected employees and their family members inside the colony, if required. Also required essentials are promptly provided to them during the isolation period.
11.Meetings are conducted only on a requirement basis with social distancing with a condition that everybody should wear facemask.
12.Face detection non-contact attendance system with staggered timing for in and out punch to avoid crowding are being followed strictly.
13.Anyone having any symptom has to inform the HR department and in turn they will refer to the OHS for further necessary remedial measures.
14.Self-declaration forms have been re-circulated to the employees in case they are Covid affected.
15.Employees are also instructed not to bring their relatives from outside.
16.Employees who are above 45 years of age are advised to take Covid 19 vaccination. Their dependents are also encouraged to take the shot.
17. Occupational Health Centre with the coordination of the Health Department are regularly organising vaccination camps in the Township itself.
18.School, ITI and contract workmen have also been instructed to go for vaccination at the earliest.
Written from a company news release.