Mumbai Airport registers 149 per cent increase in traffic in Jan
AVIATION & AIRPORTS

Mumbai Airport registers 149 per cent increase in traffic in Jan

In January 2023, Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA), the country's second busiest airport, saw nearly 4.5 million passenger movements.

CSMIA had a successful first month with nearly 1.2 million international and 3.2 million domestic passengers, demonstrating significant growth. CSMIA's efforts in this area, as well as passenger confidence in the airport's safety initiatives and protocols, are evidenced by the rise in passenger traffic.

In January 2023, approximately 4.5 million passengers boarded 27,331 flights at CSMIA, which is 149 per cent more than in January 2022. CSMIA saw 61 per cent domestic passenger traffic out of the total, with the remaining 39% being international travellers. With an average of 140,641 passengers on 882 flights, CSMIA hopes to maintain its consistency and maintain its growth momentum.

According to the spokesperson for the airport, this rise in travellers was fueled by enthusiastic air travellers and a significant increase due to the festive holiday season. In addition, in December 2022, CSMIA handled a record number of passengers in a single day—around 1,50,988 people transiting through the airport. This day's record traffic demonstrates passengers' growing faith in CSMIA's efforts to improve customer experience.

From Mumbai, the top three international destinations were Dubai, London, and Abu Dhabi. In contrast, Goa, Bengaluru, and Delhi continue to be the top three domestic destinations. For passengers coming from Mumbai and the surrounding areas, CSMIA currently serves as a gateway to 47 domestic and 65 international destinations.

With its focus on passengers, CSMIA wants to be a world-class airport that strives for excellence while creating an environment that is safe, secure, and effective. CSMIA is steadfastly committed to providing passengers with a seamless travel experience and looking beyond the obstacles with a holistic approach in order to serve as a "Gateway to Goodness."

In January 2023, Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA), the country's second busiest airport, saw nearly 4.5 million passenger movements. CSMIA had a successful first month with nearly 1.2 million international and 3.2 million domestic passengers, demonstrating significant growth. CSMIA's efforts in this area, as well as passenger confidence in the airport's safety initiatives and protocols, are evidenced by the rise in passenger traffic. In January 2023, approximately 4.5 million passengers boarded 27,331 flights at CSMIA, which is 149 per cent more than in January 2022. CSMIA saw 61 per cent domestic passenger traffic out of the total, with the remaining 39% being international travellers. With an average of 140,641 passengers on 882 flights, CSMIA hopes to maintain its consistency and maintain its growth momentum. According to the spokesperson for the airport, this rise in travellers was fueled by enthusiastic air travellers and a significant increase due to the festive holiday season. In addition, in December 2022, CSMIA handled a record number of passengers in a single day—around 1,50,988 people transiting through the airport. This day's record traffic demonstrates passengers' growing faith in CSMIA's efforts to improve customer experience. From Mumbai, the top three international destinations were Dubai, London, and Abu Dhabi. In contrast, Goa, Bengaluru, and Delhi continue to be the top three domestic destinations. For passengers coming from Mumbai and the surrounding areas, CSMIA currently serves as a gateway to 47 domestic and 65 international destinations. With its focus on passengers, CSMIA wants to be a world-class airport that strives for excellence while creating an environment that is safe, secure, and effective. CSMIA is steadfastly committed to providing passengers with a seamless travel experience and looking beyond the obstacles with a holistic approach in order to serve as a Gateway to Goodness.

Next Story
Infrastructure Transport

HG Infra Receives Key Bihar Project Approval from East Central Railway

HG Infra Engineering Ltd has recently received a crucial approval letter from East Central Railway (ECR) for a major railway project in Bihar. This development is expected to boost the company's growth prospects and strengthen its position in the infrastructure sector. The project involves significant infrastructure work, including the construction and enhancement of railway facilities in Bihar, a region known for its strategic importance in India?s rail network. The approval from ECR is a vital step in advancing the project, which is anticipated to contribute to improved transportation and re..

Next Story
Real Estate

Pune Railway Station to Get Heritage Redevelopment, Announces Minister

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw recently visited Pune Railway Station to announce a major redevelopment project focused on preserving and enhancing the station's heritage. The initiative aims to modernise the station while maintaining its historical charm and significance. The redevelopment project will involve extensive renovations and upgrades, including the restoration of historical architecture and the introduction of modern amenities. The plan includes enhancing passenger facilities, improving accessibility, and upgrading infrastructure to better handle the increasing passenger traffic..

Next Story
Infrastructure Energy

North Western Railway to Install 2 MW Rooftop Solar Power

The North Western Railway (NWR) is set to enhance its sustainability efforts by installing 2 megawatts (MW) of rooftop solar power across its facilities. This initiative marks a significant step in the railway's commitment to reducing its carbon footprint and embracing renewable energy sources. The project will involve the installation of solar panels on the rooftops of various railway buildings, including stations and administrative offices. By harnessing solar energy, the railway aims to offset a substantial portion of its electricity consumption, leading to both cost savings and environment..

Hi There!

"Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Join the CW WhatsApp channel for the latest news, industry events, expert insights, and project updates from the construction and infrastructure industry.

Click the link below to join"

+91 81086 03000