HeidelbergCement acquires 45% stake in Command Alkon
Cement

HeidelbergCement acquires 45% stake in Command Alkon

Cement manufacturing major HeidelbergCement has acquired 45% in Command Alkon, a software and technology provider, to manage the construction materials supply chain.

Software private equity firm Thoma Bravo will hold the remaining 55% in the company. According to HeidelbergCement, Thoma Bravo is the biggest global software base in construction materials.

CEO of HeidelbergCement, Dominik von Achten, told the media that the company's goal is to become the first industrial technology in construction. The partnership can set up a standard for the heavy construction materials sector.

Investment in Command Alkon and partnership with Thoma Bravo would allow the company to monetise the assets and transform them into a new growth path, he said.

According to the industry sources, HeidelbergCement was paying $250 million for the stake, and as a whole was being valued at $1.7 billion in the transaction.

Previously, HeidelbergCement outlined a new corporate strategy on climate change and digitalisation in a bid to transform the company into one of the most carbon-intensive industries in the world.

The portfolio of Command Alkon includes software and technology for plants and site automation, scheduling and ordering materials, inventory and mix management, logistic and fleet optimisation, and office and site operations.

A senior official of Thoma Bravo shows excitement to partner with HeidelbergCement. He said that the company is an industry leader in digital transformation, to support Command Alkon's growth strategy and transform the heavy building materials industry.

Image Source

Cement manufacturing major HeidelbergCement has acquired 45% in Command Alkon, a software and technology provider, to manage the construction materials supply chain. Software private equity firm Thoma Bravo will hold the remaining 55% in the company. According to HeidelbergCement, Thoma Bravo is the biggest global software base in construction materials. CEO of HeidelbergCement, Dominik von Achten, told the media that the company's goal is to become the first industrial technology in construction. The partnership can set up a standard for the heavy construction materials sector. Investment in Command Alkon and partnership with Thoma Bravo would allow the company to monetise the assets and transform them into a new growth path, he said. According to the industry sources, HeidelbergCement was paying $250 million for the stake, and as a whole was being valued at $1.7 billion in the transaction. Previously, HeidelbergCement outlined a new corporate strategy on climate change and digitalisation in a bid to transform the company into one of the most carbon-intensive industries in the world. The portfolio of Command Alkon includes software and technology for plants and site automation, scheduling and ordering materials, inventory and mix management, logistic and fleet optimisation, and office and site operations. A senior official of Thoma Bravo shows excitement to partner with HeidelbergCement. He said that the company is an industry leader in digital transformation, to support Command Alkon's growth strategy and transform the heavy building materials industry. Image Source

Related Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86574 75330

Reach out to us

Call us at +91 8108603000 or

Schedule a Call Back