Govt aims to reach 1.3 BT coal production by 2024-25
COAL & MINING

Govt aims to reach 1.3 BT coal production by 2024-25

The backbone of the Indian energy system is coal, with the power sector receiving roughly 80% of production while the remaining 20% is used for various industrial purposes. The demand for coal has been increasing for both power sectors and other industrial purposes as a result of "Make In India" initiatives and a greater growth prediction for the economy.

The government has projected to boost coal output by 7-8% annually to reach 1.3 billion tonnes by 2024–2025 in order to meet the demand for coal.

Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh have all contributed to the production of coal over the past five years, which totals 675.400 MT in 2017–18, 728.718 MT in 2018–19, 730.874 MT in 2018–19, 716.083 MT in 2020–21, and 7

The government has adopted a number of actions in order to increase domestic coal production. 44 First Mile Connectivity (FMC) projects are being implemented to maximise coal transportation through rail in the first mile and streamline CIL's effort towards the growth and upgrade of coal evacuation infrastructure.

According to the coal minister in the Lok Sabha, CIL has also invested in the development of 7 crucial new rail lines for its expansion in brownfield mining operations and greenfield projects in Chhattisgarh, Odisha, and Jharkhand with an estimated capital investment of $200 billion.

See also:
CIL registers growth of 11%
CIL gets revenue of over Rs 1.52 trillion from coal sales in FY'22

The backbone of the Indian energy system is coal, with the power sector receiving roughly 80% of production while the remaining 20% is used for various industrial purposes. The demand for coal has been increasing for both power sectors and other industrial purposes as a result of Make In India initiatives and a greater growth prediction for the economy. The government has projected to boost coal output by 7-8% annually to reach 1.3 billion tonnes by 2024–2025 in order to meet the demand for coal. Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh have all contributed to the production of coal over the past five years, which totals 675.400 MT in 2017–18, 728.718 MT in 2018–19, 730.874 MT in 2018–19, 716.083 MT in 2020–21, and 7 The government has adopted a number of actions in order to increase domestic coal production. 44 First Mile Connectivity (FMC) projects are being implemented to maximise coal transportation through rail in the first mile and streamline CIL's effort towards the growth and upgrade of coal evacuation infrastructure. According to the coal minister in the Lok Sabha, CIL has also invested in the development of 7 crucial new rail lines for its expansion in brownfield mining operations and greenfield projects in Chhattisgarh, Odisha, and Jharkhand with an estimated capital investment of $200 billion. See also: CIL registers growth of 11%CIL gets revenue of over Rs 1.52 trillion from coal sales in FY'22

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86574 75330

Join us Telegram

Reach out to us

Call us at +91 8108603000 or

Schedule a Call Back