SECI Lifts Debarment on Reliance Power
POWER & RENEWABLE ENERGY

SECI Lifts Debarment on Reliance Power

Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) announced on Tuesday that it has withdrawn the debarment notice issued to Reliance Power, allowing the Anil Ambani-led firm to participate in future tenders. The notice, originally issued on November 6, had banned Reliance Power Ltd and Reliance NU BESS Ltd from SECI tenders for three years due to allegations of submitting "fake documents."

On November 13, SECI also issued a show cause notice to Reliance Power, questioning the submission of a fake bank guarantee by its unit and considering criminal proceedings.

In its latest statement, SECI clarified that the withdrawal of the debarment notice does not affect its right to take further actions as per the law. “Following the legal proceedings related to this matter, the debarment notice issued to Reliance Power Limited has been withdrawn with immediate effect,” SECI said.

The notice dated November 6 has been modified accordingly.

Reliance Power, in a stock exchange filing, confirmed that with the withdrawal of SECI’s debarment notice, “the Company and its subsidiaries, except Reliance NU BESS Limited (formerly known as Maharashtra Energy Generation Limited), are eligible to participate in all tenders issued by SECI.”

Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) announced on Tuesday that it has withdrawn the debarment notice issued to Reliance Power, allowing the Anil Ambani-led firm to participate in future tenders. The notice, originally issued on November 6, had banned Reliance Power Ltd and Reliance NU BESS Ltd from SECI tenders for three years due to allegations of submitting fake documents. On November 13, SECI also issued a show cause notice to Reliance Power, questioning the submission of a fake bank guarantee by its unit and considering criminal proceedings. In its latest statement, SECI clarified that the withdrawal of the debarment notice does not affect its right to take further actions as per the law. “Following the legal proceedings related to this matter, the debarment notice issued to Reliance Power Limited has been withdrawn with immediate effect,” SECI said. The notice dated November 6 has been modified accordingly. Reliance Power, in a stock exchange filing, confirmed that with the withdrawal of SECI’s debarment notice, “the Company and its subsidiaries, except Reliance NU BESS Limited (formerly known as Maharashtra Energy Generation Limited), are eligible to participate in all tenders issued by SECI.”

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Next Story
Infrastructure Energy

Asian Energy Services Q1 FY27 PAT Rises 129 Per Cent

Asian Energy Services Limited reported a 129 per cent year-on-year rise in net profit to Rs 128 million for Q1 FY27, compared with the corresponding quarter last year.Revenue increased 135 per cent year-on-year to Rs 2.71 billion, supported by continued momentum across its services business, disciplined execution and contributions from domestic and international operations. EBITDA grew 81 per cent year-on-year during the quarter.As of June 30, 2026, the company’s standalone order book stood at Rs 17.54 billion, with around 60 per cent coming from oil and gas services and 40 per cent from min..

Next Story
Infrastructure Urban

BioBTX to Build First Commercial-Scale Circular Chemicals Plant

Dutch circular chemistry technology developer BioBTX is building what it says will be the world’s first commercial-scale plant to convert mixed plastic waste into high-quality aromatic chemicals using its proprietary Integrated Catalytic Cracking Process (ICCP) technology.The facility will be built at Chemical Park Delfzijl on the northern coast of the Netherlands and is expected to create 35 jobs. Covestro, which has been a shareholder and strategic partner of BioBTX since 2024, holds a mid-single-digit million-euro investment in the company.BioBTX’s ICCP technology uses catalytic pyrolys..

Next Story
Real Estate

Awfis Q1 FY27 PAT Jumps 140% as Revenue Rises 27%

Awfis Space Solutions reported a 140 per cent year-on-year rise in consolidated profit after tax (PAT) to Rs 240 million for Q1 FY27, compared with Rs 100 million in the corresponding quarter last year.Revenue from operations increased 27 per cent to Rs 4.25 billion from Rs 3.35 billion, while EBITDA rose 28 per cent to Rs 1.62 billion. EBITDA margin improved to 38.2 per cent from 37.8 per cent. Profit before tax increased 135 per cent to Rs 240 million.The company's co-working business recorded 27 per cent year-on-year growth, supported by demand from enterprises, Global Capability Centres (G..

Advertisement

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get daily newsletters around different themes from Construction world.

STAY CONNECTED

Advertisement