Maha CM Uddhav Thackeray directs BMC to raze illegal structures
Real Estate

Maha CM Uddhav Thackeray directs BMC to raze illegal structures

Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray wants the BMC to raze all unauthorised structures and has directed it to work without fear and without succumbing to any pressure.

Thackeray conducted a meeting with BMC authorities on Wednesday where he ordered the administration to take up the issue on a war footing.

In recent months, various senior Shiv Sena leaders, including Thackeray’s personal assistant Milind Narvekar, have been accused of conducting unauthorised structures. Narvekar even razed his bungalow that was coming up on the Dapoli coast in Ratnagiri district after there were allegations of it being unauthorised.

State transport minister Anil Parab was accused of building an unauthorised office on a Mhada layout open space in Bandra (East) but denied it. Mhada later released an apology to Parab.

BJP leader Kirit Somaiya, who has brought up the claimed unauthorised structures by Sena leaders, told the media that in the case of Parab’s Dapoli resort in Ratnagiri district, the government has admitted before the Lokayukta that it is unauthorised but has done nothing to raze it.

Thackeray pointed to the excessive unauthorised dumping of debris in the eastern and western suburbs and asked for electing squads to stop it. While praising the administration for its commendable work during the Covid-19 pandemic and for being trailblazers in building the Mumbai model, Thackeray said that the focus now should be on enhancing civic amenities in the city.

The goal is to make the city beautiful with high-quality facilities, and for this, roads, pavements, dividers, parks and gardens must be made proper and beautiful.

Image Source


Also read: BBMP identifies 503 structurally unsafe buildings in Bengaluru

Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray wants the BMC to raze all unauthorised structures and has directed it to work without fear and without succumbing to any pressure. Thackeray conducted a meeting with BMC authorities on Wednesday where he ordered the administration to take up the issue on a war footing. In recent months, various senior Shiv Sena leaders, including Thackeray’s personal assistant Milind Narvekar, have been accused of conducting unauthorised structures. Narvekar even razed his bungalow that was coming up on the Dapoli coast in Ratnagiri district after there were allegations of it being unauthorised. State transport minister Anil Parab was accused of building an unauthorised office on a Mhada layout open space in Bandra (East) but denied it. Mhada later released an apology to Parab. BJP leader Kirit Somaiya, who has brought up the claimed unauthorised structures by Sena leaders, told the media that in the case of Parab’s Dapoli resort in Ratnagiri district, the government has admitted before the Lokayukta that it is unauthorised but has done nothing to raze it. Thackeray pointed to the excessive unauthorised dumping of debris in the eastern and western suburbs and asked for electing squads to stop it. While praising the administration for its commendable work during the Covid-19 pandemic and for being trailblazers in building the Mumbai model, Thackeray said that the focus now should be on enhancing civic amenities in the city. The goal is to make the city beautiful with high-quality facilities, and for this, roads, pavements, dividers, parks and gardens must be made proper and beautiful. Image SourceAlso read: BBMP identifies 503 structurally unsafe buildings in Bengaluru

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Next Story
Infrastructure Energy

Asian Energy Services Q1 FY27 PAT Rises 129 Per Cent

Asian Energy Services Limited reported a 129 per cent year-on-year rise in net profit to Rs 128 million for Q1 FY27, compared with the corresponding quarter last year.Revenue increased 135 per cent year-on-year to Rs 2.71 billion, supported by continued momentum across its services business, disciplined execution and contributions from domestic and international operations. EBITDA grew 81 per cent year-on-year during the quarter.As of June 30, 2026, the company’s standalone order book stood at Rs 17.54 billion, with around 60 per cent coming from oil and gas services and 40 per cent from min..

Next Story
Infrastructure Urban

BioBTX to Build First Commercial-Scale Circular Chemicals Plant

Dutch circular chemistry technology developer BioBTX is building what it says will be the world’s first commercial-scale plant to convert mixed plastic waste into high-quality aromatic chemicals using its proprietary Integrated Catalytic Cracking Process (ICCP) technology.The facility will be built at Chemical Park Delfzijl on the northern coast of the Netherlands and is expected to create 35 jobs. Covestro, which has been a shareholder and strategic partner of BioBTX since 2024, holds a mid-single-digit million-euro investment in the company.BioBTX’s ICCP technology uses catalytic pyrolys..

Next Story
Real Estate

Awfis Q1 FY27 PAT Jumps 140% as Revenue Rises 27%

Awfis Space Solutions reported a 140 per cent year-on-year rise in consolidated profit after tax (PAT) to Rs 240 million for Q1 FY27, compared with Rs 100 million in the corresponding quarter last year.Revenue from operations increased 27 per cent to Rs 4.25 billion from Rs 3.35 billion, while EBITDA rose 28 per cent to Rs 1.62 billion. EBITDA margin improved to 38.2 per cent from 37.8 per cent. Profit before tax increased 135 per cent to Rs 240 million.The company's co-working business recorded 27 per cent year-on-year growth, supported by demand from enterprises, Global Capability Centres (G..

Advertisement

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get daily newsletters around different themes from Construction world.

STAY CONNECTED

Advertisement