Projects worth over Rs 2k cr to seek BMC Standing Committee nod
ROADS & HIGHWAYS

Projects worth over Rs 2k cr to seek BMC Standing Committee nod

Development projects in Mumbai worth over Rs 2,600 crore were proposed before the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Standing Committee for approval. These projects include road repair and reconstruction works.

According to officials, 38 proposals for improving the roads worth Rs 1,815 crore were proposed in the meeting. Another project worth Rs 819 crore for Goregaon-Mulund Link Road (GMLR) was also proposed.

The road project includes a six-lane flyover from Dindoshi court to Film City, a second six-lane flyover at Dr Hedgewar junction, Muklund and an elevated rotary junction at Mulund Khindipada.

Road projects, including repairing asphalt and cement concrete roads, were also taken up in the meeting. These projects are in Borivali worth Rs 185 crore, Bhandup, Vikhroli and Powai worth Rs 147 crore, Kurla worth Rs 157 crore and Kandivali worth Rs 122 crore. The road repair works in Tansa Pipeline with the pedestrian elevated bridge were also taken up. The overall cost of road projects is Rs 819 crore.

Many bidders have quoted 15% to 25% less than the estimated cost of BMC. Previously, the tender got cancelled after the contractor quoted a price less than 30% of the estimated cost.

BMC officials said that 80% of the payment would be paid after work completion and the rest 20% after the defect liability period. It will ensure to maintain quality work, and if potholes come up within the defect liability period, some action will be taken.

Image Source

Development projects in Mumbai worth over Rs 2,600 crore were proposed before the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Standing Committee for approval. These projects include road repair and reconstruction works. According to officials, 38 proposals for improving the roads worth Rs 1,815 crore were proposed in the meeting. Another project worth Rs 819 crore for Goregaon-Mulund Link Road (GMLR) was also proposed. The road project includes a six-lane flyover from Dindoshi court to Film City, a second six-lane flyover at Dr Hedgewar junction, Muklund and an elevated rotary junction at Mulund Khindipada. Road projects, including repairing asphalt and cement concrete roads, were also taken up in the meeting. These projects are in Borivali worth Rs 185 crore, Bhandup, Vikhroli and Powai worth Rs 147 crore, Kurla worth Rs 157 crore and Kandivali worth Rs 122 crore. The road repair works in Tansa Pipeline with the pedestrian elevated bridge were also taken up. The overall cost of road projects is Rs 819 crore. Many bidders have quoted 15% to 25% less than the estimated cost of BMC. Previously, the tender got cancelled after the contractor quoted a price less than 30% of the estimated cost. BMC officials said that 80% of the payment would be paid after work completion and the rest 20% after the defect liability period. It will ensure to maintain quality work, and if potholes come up within the defect liability period, some action will be taken. Image Source

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86574 75330

Reach out to us

Call us at +91 8108603000 or

Schedule a Call Back