All northeastern state capitals to be linked with Delhi
POWER & RENEWABLE ENERGY

All northeastern state capitals to be linked with Delhi

Minister of State for Railways, Raosaheb Patil Danve said that all the northeastern state capitals will be connected to the national capital via railway network by 2024. The minister, currently on a three-day visit to Tripura, stated that since Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister, the Centre has taken up an ambitious project for the extension of the railway network in the northeastern region.

Minister Danve said that in order to connect the state capitals of the northeastern states via railway network to the nation's capital, various projects are under implementation. More than 60% of work on the projects has been completed and the other 40% of work will be completed by 2024.

Guwahati, Tripura capital Agartala, and Arunachal Pradesh’s Naharlagun are already connected with Delhi via the railway network. He also mentioned that by December 2022, the work on the Agartala-Akhaura (Bangladesh) railway project will be completed within the Indian territory.

He said that upon the commissioning of the Agartala-Akhaura railway project, the northeastern state population, especially Tripura, can reach Kolkata via railway which will save 22 hours of travel time. The people of the northeastern state go to Kolkata via Guwahati by railway, which amounts to more than 38 hours of travel time.

Danve visited the under-construction Agartala-Akhaura railway project of 12.24 km on the outskirts of Agartala. This railway line project will facilitate the ferrying of goods between both countries, which would greatly benefit the country’s landlocked northeastern states.

Image Source

Also read: Govt introduces innovation strategy for tech evolution in Railways

Minister of State for Railways, Raosaheb Patil Danve said that all the northeastern state capitals will be connected to the national capital via railway network by 2024. The minister, currently on a three-day visit to Tripura, stated that since Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister, the Centre has taken up an ambitious project for the extension of the railway network in the northeastern region. Minister Danve said that in order to connect the state capitals of the northeastern states via railway network to the nation's capital, various projects are under implementation. More than 60% of work on the projects has been completed and the other 40% of work will be completed by 2024. Guwahati, Tripura capital Agartala, and Arunachal Pradesh’s Naharlagun are already connected with Delhi via the railway network. He also mentioned that by December 2022, the work on the Agartala-Akhaura (Bangladesh) railway project will be completed within the Indian territory. He said that upon the commissioning of the Agartala-Akhaura railway project, the northeastern state population, especially Tripura, can reach Kolkata via railway which will save 22 hours of travel time. The people of the northeastern state go to Kolkata via Guwahati by railway, which amounts to more than 38 hours of travel time. Danve visited the under-construction Agartala-Akhaura railway project of 12.24 km on the outskirts of Agartala. This railway line project will facilitate the ferrying of goods between both countries, which would greatly benefit the country’s landlocked northeastern states. Image Source Also read: Govt introduces innovation strategy for tech evolution in Railways

Related Stories

Gold Stories

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from CW Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Construction News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 86574 75330

Join us Telegram

Reach out to us

Call us at +91 8108603000 or

Schedule a Call Back