Cities, states issue tenders for solar projects
State energy distribution bodies such as Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO), Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation (CCMC), Tumakuru Smart City Limited (TSCL), and West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency (WBREDA) have issued solar tenders for procurement, operations and maintenance.
Details of the state energy distribution companies that have invited the solar bids along with bidding eligibility, work scope, and last date of submission of bids:
Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO), Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO) has invited bids for the design, engineering, testing, and commissioning of a 1 MW solar power project with a 1 MW/3MWh battery energy storage system (BESS) in the state.
- Bidders must have experience in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of ground mounted solar projects on a turnkey basis of solar power projects of cumulative capacity not less than 1 MW in the last seven years.
- The said project should have been in successful operation for at least six months before the bid submission date.
- The bidders should have experience in EPC execution of at least two grid connected solar power projects having an individual capacity of 200 kW and above in the last seven financial years.
- Alternatively, the bidders must have executed ground mounted solar power projects as developers of grid connected solar power projects of cumulative capacity not less than 1 MW in the last seven years.
- The bidders should have executed ground mounted solar power projects of at least two grid connected solar power projects having an individual capacity of 200 kW and above in the last seven years.
- Bidders should have a minimum average annual turnover of Rs 7.5 crore in the last three financial years (FYs).
- Their net worth should be positive and have a minimum working capital of Rs 5 crore as per the last audited financial statement.
Scope of work:
The bid winner will operate and maintain the project for 10 years. The project is to be completed within ten months from the date of receipt of the purchase order. The solar modules to be used in the project are to be monocrystalline. The efficiency should be greater than or equal to 20% for glass or polymer solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and greater than or equal to 19.5% for glass or glass PV modules.
The last date to submit the bids is 24 March 2021. The pre bid meeting will take place on March 5, and the submitted bids will be opened on March 25. Bidders will have to submit Rs 1 lakh as the earnest money deposit (EMD).
Companies can login (or register as a new user) and access the TANGEDCO tender here.
Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation (CCMC), Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation (CCMC) has invited bids from contractors for setting up a 2 MW grid connected solar PV project in Coimbatore. The funds for the project will be provided by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Bidders must have executed similar work in the last five years for a cumulative project capacity of 5 MW. At least one of these projects must be 2 MW or larger.
- Alternatively, they must have executed three grid connected ground mounted solar projects of 1 MW each. Bidders are also expected to have had an average annual turnover of Rs 9 crore in the last three years.
Scope of work:
Design, engineering, manufacture, supply, erection, testing, and commissioning of the project. Selected bidders must also set up the associated high tension, overhead transmission lines, or underground cables up to the interconnection point at Vellalore village. They must also provide five years of operations and maintenance services for the project.
The declared capacity utilisation factor of the project must not be less than 20%. The PV modules used in the project must have a capacity of 390 W each. The project is expected to generate 1.75 MW of power in the first year per MW. The selected bidder must complete the project within 180 days from the date of the letter of award.
Bidders must provide a security deposit of Rs 9 lakh. The deadline for submitting bids is 7 April 2021.
Tumakuru Smart City Limited (TSCL), Karnataka
Tumakuru Smart City Ltd (TSCL) of Karnataka has issued a tender for setting up and maintaining a 20 MW floating solar power project at the Bugudanahalli Reservoir in Tumakuru.
- Bidders must have previously designed, supplied, and commissioned at least 10 MW of rooftop, ground mounted, floating, or canal solar power projects in the last five years with single or multiple systems of a minimum size of 100 kW.
- Bidders must have had a net worth of at least Rs 10 crore as of the previous FYs last date. They are expected to show proof of liquid assets or credit facilities for at least Rs 3 crore.
Scope of work:
Design, engineering, funding, manufacturing, procurement, factory testing, transportation, erection, and commissioning of the floating solar system at the site. Selected bidders are also expected to provide operations and maintenance services for 25 years.
They are also expected to take care of the grid connecting equipment and evacuation lines to the nearest substation and provide all necessary electrical and civil work under the implementation of the Smart City Mission in Tumakuru.
The PV modules used in the project must be warranted for ten years against all material, manufacturing, and workmanship defects. They must be guaranteed against an output of at least 80% of their initial rated output at the end of 25 years.
Bidders must make an earnest money deposit of Rs 98 lakh. The last date for the submission of bids is 5 April 2021.
West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency (WBREDA), West Bengal
West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency (WBREDA) has issued a tender for setting up 9.9 MW of grid-connected rooftop solar PV plants.
Scope of work:
The tender has been issued for design and engineering manufacture and procurement, testing, supply installation, and commissioning along with five years of comprehensive maintenance for 990 individual grid connected rooftop solar PV plants, each with a capacity of 10 kWp on a turnkey basis.
The grid connected solar PV power plant of each array capacity 10 kW based on criteria set by WBREDA.
Successful bidders are expected to submit additional security performance at the rate of 10% of the tendered value if the bid value stands 80% or less of the estimated cost put to the tender.
WBREDA will distribute the total work during the placement of the letter of authorisation in different stages. The first stage includes 330 rooftop solar systems that will be awarded to the L1 bidder at per lowest acceptable price schedule.
Other 660 rooftop solar systems will be awarded to L2, L3, and L4 bidders equally if they agree to accept the lowest price schedule without altering the tender’s original terms and conditions. The projects must be completed in 300 days.
All interested bidders must submit their bid by 23 April 2021, by 4.00 pm. Bidders are expected to pay an EMD of Rs 28 lakh with a tender fee of Rs 8,000. There will also be a pre-bid meeting on 10 March 2021.
- Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO)
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation (CCMC)
- Tumakuru Smart City Limited (TSCL)
- and West Bengal Renewable Energy Development Agency (WBREDA)
- Solar project
- battery energy storage system (BESS)
- Bids invited
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
- polymer solar photovoltaic (PV) modules