Construction equipment companies display at bauma CONEXPO INDIA 2018
With 700 exhibitors from 26 countries, bauma CONEXPO INDIA 2018, the construction equipment expo – held in December 2018 in Delhi – scaled new heights even while participants expressed their apprehensions on the market scenario in 2019 owing to the upcoming elections.
Apprehensions on the BS-IV emission standards that are to be effective from October 2020, the recent ban on construction activities in Delhi-NCR to combat pollution, currency fluctuations, and uncertainties in the infrastructure segment with the upcoming elections – these were the most talked about topics at the recently concluded bauma CONEXPO INDIA 2018 in Delhi. Despite the tinge of uncertainty about the future, though, the overarching sentiment was positive, as was reflected in several new launches and upgrades of existing products. Evidently, the construction equipment industry is in transition mode with an eco-friendly and smart approach being the way forward for almost all construction equipment companies. And the presence of exhibitors from 26 countries was testament to the continued international interest in India.
The show featured renowned companies such as ACE, Ajax Fiori Engineering, Case, Caterpillar, Doosan Bobcat, JCB, Kobelco, L&T, Liugong, PERI, Putzmeister, Sany, Schwing Stetter, Volvo, Wirtgen, Zoomlion, and many more.
First-time exhibitors included Indian manufacturers Tata Hitachi and Escorts, and German company Kaeser Kompressoren.
- Several new launches were witnessed at the expo. Here are some highlights:
- JCB India, which continues to integrate digital technology in construction equipment, launched its new ‘intelli’gent series of machines.
- CASE India added CASE1110 EX to its existing fleet of compactors and an advanced version of its Eagle Eye Telematics solution.
- Escorts Construction Equipment launched three new products: The new compactor EC 5511 in the 11-tonne class, new mini compactor EC 3664 in the 3-tonne class and the next-generation Hydra pick-and-carry crane Hydra NXT 13.
- Sany India unveiled 16 new products, which included technologically advanced excavators, batching plants, concrete machinery, truck cranes and road equipment.
- Liugong India launched the new-generation motor grader CLG4180D and wheel loader CLG 848H.
- Volvo Construction Equipment introduced the G-Series L90Gz wheel loader and the DD100B double-drum asphalt compactor.
- SDLG launched the L958F wheel loader.
- Apollo Carmix launched Apollo Carmix 45FX.
- Technocraft launched the MACH ONE Formwork System.
bauma highlight: Buyer-seller programme
For the first time, bauma CONEXPO INDIA featured a ‘Buyer-Seller Forum’, giving visitors the additional chance to network with potential business partners.
The initiative proved to be a success and brought together technology providers and buyers in 3,023 meetings. Shashi Gaggar, Vice President, UltraTech, shared, “As a regular visitor of the expo, I appreciate that the organisers arranged some of the sellers to meet me and have fruitful discussions. This forum will help encourage business between sellers and buyers.”
By 2025, India is expected to become the third largest market for the global construction industry. This growth is mainly attributable to large infrastructure projects. Over the next nine years, analysts expect an average real growth of 6.2 per cent per year. According to forecasts, bulldozers, backhoe loaders and crawler excavators are going to see a massive increase in sales over the next five years.
Overall, the expo counted 39,173 participants, a growth of 20 per cent compared to 2016.
Rtn Er A Puhazhendi, National President, Builders Association of India (BAI), emphasised: “For our member companies throughout India, this is a must-attend event to stay informed about the latest industry trends and new technologies.”
Apart from Indian visitors, the trade fair also welcomed buyer delegations from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and other countries in the region.
“Together with our strong partner iCEMA (Indian Construction Equipment Manufacturers Association), we have prepared an excellent platform for the industry to present their products to the market,” said Bhupinder Singh, CEO, bC Expo India. “The partnership was crucial for our success and allowed us to align even more closely with the needs of the Indian construction machinery industry.”
And, Arvind Garg, President, iCEMA, stated, “iCEMA has partnered with bauma CONEXPO INDIA for the first time. We foresee that the partnership with bauma CONEXPO INDIA has great opportunity to mature into a relationship that will create value for both of us and our customers.”
While the organisers are already looking forward to the next show in 2020, the CW team took a sneak peak into the plans laid by key exhibitors for 2019. Read on to know more…
- Construction equipment
- bauma CONEXPO INDIA 2018
- Ajax Fiori Engineering
- Doosan Bobcat
- Schwing Stetter
- Tata Hitachi and Escorts
- Kaeser Kompressoren
- Eye Telematics solution
- Liugong India
- L958F wheel loader
- Buyer-Seller Forum
- Shashi Gaggar
- Rtn Er A Puhazhendi