The B900 backhoe loader is our highlight this year
- Hyunsoo (HS) Kim, Director Commercial, Doosan Bobcat India
Established in 2007, Doosan Bobcat India (DBIN) is a subsidiary of Doosan Bobcat Inc. A market leader in skid-steer loaders with over 60 per cent market share, DBIN has quickly become one of the top players in sub 5-tonne compact excavators. The company has recently commenced operations at its manufacturing facility in Chennai to produce B900 backhoe loaders. Hyunsoo (HS) Kim, Director Commercial, Doosan Bobcat India, shares more....
- Market outlook: India is expected to become a $ 5 trillion economy in the next five years. We are confident that the slowdown is temporary. We foresee growth continuing in infrastructure, processing industries, the steel industry and agriculture and government focus on rural development, housing for all, connectivity in telecommunication, and water and pipeline connectivity. In the next five years, with an increase in urbanisation and labour wage, more mechanisation will come, which will boost demand for compact equipment in various applications.
- Demand drivers for the company’s offerings: In the infrastructure segment, major demand drivers for our products include the general construction segment, rural road development and housing for low-income groups. Development of smart cities is also driving demand.
- Business opportunities at Excon: Bobcat has been a participant in Excon since its inception. Of course, we expect good leads to be generated through this event considering that we have entered into the most popular product category of backhoe loaders this year. Also, with plans to expand our distribution capability, we are looking at some prospects being developed for dealership opportunities available in certain territories.
- Key products at the expo: The product that will be a key highlight this year would be our B900 backhoe loader. Bobcat’s B900 backhoe loader demonstrates superior performance with best-in-class digging depth, higher breakout forces, increased component durability, comfortable operator cabin, advanced hydraulic system and excellent total cost of ownership. We are sure that both existing customers and new customers will be impressed with it. We will showcase our E27 mini excavator with quick coupler to show how it can handle multiple attachments with ease. We will also demonstrate the compact track loader T650 and its operation using a remote control and smartphone device.
- Meeting buyer requirements: This area has been a key strength for Bobcat. Our first and flagship skid-steer loader itself was designed in this direction. Because of our ability to understand customer needs, we have been able to develop a wide range of attachments that suit these needs. We have a focused team with operators who visit customers in a specially designed truck with different attachments. After studying the customer’s requirement on site, we propose customised solutions to suit their needs.