20 May 2019
Shaw Contract EVTs offer resistance to scratching, scuffing and abrasion
Durable and moisture tolerant, Shaw Contract hard surface products are perfect for demanding environments. The newly launched Shaw Contract Engineered Vinyl Tiles (EVTs) are made with the patented COREtec® technology. Each tile comprises an extruded core that is water-proof and inert. This core provides stability for the product and prevents expansion and contraction, and hence does not bulge even after sustained exposure to water. The smart technology ensures that the tiles' textures, abstract visuals and intended variations are intact.
Each EVT is constructed with six layers of composite material, topped by ExoGuard™ finish that provides resistance from scratching and scuffing. The dimensionally stable layered construction makes installation quick and easy, saving on time and labour cost and ensures longevity. Each layer in the construction adds a distinct value to the tile, such as:
- The ExoGuard™ finish layer adds resistance to scratching, scuffing and abrasion.
- The commercial wear layer protects against excessive wear and stains.
- The print film layer is printed in high resolution, laminated to a vinyl layer.
- Water-proof, inert COREtec® extruded core provides stability and prevents expansion and contraction.
- Attached cork underlayment provides added sound dampening resists mold and mildew.
- Integrated locking edges eliminates the need for wet adhesives.
The water-proof feature makes Shaw Contract EVT an ideal choice for wet areas in hotel rooms, as it evident from the massive deployments in several premium hotel properties across the world.